In order to safeguard our community and slow the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), Roanoke County Parks, Recreation and Tourism will be closing several recreation facilities and making modifications to our activity schedule. An end date has not been established for these changes, but we plan to return to regular operation as soon as conditions allow.
Park System - OPEN
- All parks will remain OPEN for passive use.
- No new picnic shelter rentals or special use applications will be accepted
- Don’s Cab-Inns Campground - OPEN
The following facilities will be closed until further notice:
- Green Ridge Recreation Center - CLOSED. Monthly membership plans will NOT be charged for any days the center is closed, and the April 1 credit card draft has been canceled. Prepaid term memberships will have the total number of closure days added to the end of their current term.
- Brambleton Recreation Center - CLOSED.
- Craig Avenue Recreation Center - CLOSED.
- Camp Roanoke - CLOSED.
- Explore Park - Visitor Center will be CLOSED to the public, but staffed 12 PM to 5 PM daily for camping check-in and information by calling (540) 427-1800. Outdoor amenities and trails remain OPEN.Don’s Cab-Inns Campground will continue to operate at the discretion of the vendor operator. Twin Creeks Brewpub is currently CLOSED.
- Public Service Center Administrative Office - CLOSED (effective 3/23). This facility will be staffed and answering phone calls at (540) 387-6078 ext. 0
- Catawba Center - CLOSED
Programs and Activities
All recreation programs are canceled. No new program registration will take place during this time.
- Programs at All Parks & Recreation Centers - CANCELED.
- After School for Kids & Ridge Kids - CANCELED while Roanoke County Public Schools are closed. Customers will not be charged for their remaining balance in March.
Upcoming Large Special Events
- Adventure Expo & Artisan Saturday at Explore Park, April 4 - CANCELED
- Camp Roanoke Open House, April 4 - CANCELED
- Blue Ridge Kite Festival at Green Hill Park, April 18 - CANCELED
Athletics Leagues & Games
- Youth sports spring season - POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE - Roanoke County Parks, Recreation and Tourism remains committed to offering a “spring” sports program and, when appropriate, will call a special President’s Council to begin the planning process and implementation of a revised season time-line and schedule.
- Field Rentals (travel teams, private schools, etc.) - CANCELED