Skip to Main Content
Things To Do
I Want To...
Youth Team Sports
Coach Screening and Credentialing Policy
Process Summary for Screening and Credentialing of Volunteer Coaches
1. The intended coach registers as a volunteer on the Recreation Club's web page.
2. The Recreation Club provides the Department with a list of teams including selected coaches prior to the start of the practice season.
3. The Department downloads the coach’s volunteer application and sends forms to third party contractor to perform conviction checks.
4. Third party contractor sends a pass/fail result to the Department.
5. The Department notifies Recreation Clubs of the results.
6. The Department notifies any disqualified coach via certified mail their disqualification.
7. Approved coaches secure their coaching credential from the Department.
8. Approved coaches wear their credential at all practices and games.
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow