Roanoke County offers 16 parks with picnic shelters.
The following Shelters are available on a first-come, first-served basis at no charge:
C. Darrell Shell Park, Goode Park, Green Hill Park (Shelter 1), M.A. Banks Park, Mayflower Hills Park, Sadler Park, Starkey Park North
The following Shelters are available by reservation:
Catawba Center, Bonsack Park, Brookside Park, Clearbook Park, Garst Mill Park, Green Hill Park (Shelter 2), Happy Hollow Gardens, Mt. Pleasant Park, Oak Grove Park, Starkey Park South, Stonebridge Park, Vinyard Park West, Walrond Park, Whispering Pines Park, Explore Park
- Available Dates: Shelters may be reserved any day from April 1 to October 31.
- Rental Duration: All rentals are full day, lasting from 10am to 9pm.
- NEW Advance Registration: Reservations may be placed 180 days in advance of your booking date, and no less than 7 days prior to your date.
How to Reserve a Shelter
Picnic shelter rentals can be placed in the following ways:
- By Phone - Call (540) 387-6078 ext. 0 during our administrative office hours of 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday.
- Online - For online shelter rentals, click here to submit a Special Use Application. Once the application form is completed, a Customer Service staff member will be in touch within 48 hours to confirm your information, and process your rental based on shelter availability.